Sunday, February 19, 2012

Third Revision Copyright Presentation

This week as I read chapters five, six and seven of Burmark's (2011), “They Snooze You Loose”, I realized my presentation was missing a concrete connection with the audience. As I clicked through my presentation I realized I had so much valuable information but not in the best format. So I decided to begin by changing my first slide and selected a different image to grasp my audience’s attention. I kept my second slide because it is humorous and will allow me to connect with my audience. 

Eventually I plan to revise the rest of my slides but for now I adjusted my seventh slide by deleting the circular graph that contained text and inserted only images with no text. I also altered my fifteenth slide by adding a Wordle I created to illustrate some keywords. I also used one of the techniques described in the chapter that indicated the last slide should resemble the first slide to draw the audiences attention back in before finishing the presentation. I am very confident and feel that by the time I finish reading the book I would have developed an effective PowerPoint presentation. 

Reference 
Burmark, L. (2011). They Snooze You Lose: The Educator´s Guide to Successful Presentations. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment