Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chapter 8-Playing Music


In chapter eight, Burmark (2011), discuss the importance of utilizing music in the classroom a training session or even a presentation.  As I recall, I actually have very few PowerPoint presentations that contain music since I am always doing most of the talking.  I realized that music is a very powerful tool and should be a significant part of every presentation.  In developing my PowerPoint presentations I will certainly use music to enhance my presentaion but will also do active research to make sure my music follows well with my presentation.

In reading the chapter I also understood how adding the right music may leave an everlasting impression to the audience.  In the classroom my goal is to incorporate soft music or classical music into a lesson or even science lab.  By using encouraging music in a fun way it may help motivate and strengthen my students learning development.

Reference
Burmark, L. (2011). They Snooze You Lose: The Educator´s Guide to Successful Presentations. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment