Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chapter 9-Tapping Emotion


In chapter nine, Burmark (2011), emphasizes that as presenters our mood and the words we choose in our presentations or lessons define our character.  For instance, I have been to presentations that have been just that a presentation with no true connection.  The presenter was not felling well and it triggered a negative response with the audience because he did not take the time to explain his situation with the audience.

One of my skills is that I have a positive attitude, which has enabled me to promote positive thinking in others physically and mentally.  My goal whether it’s teaching a lesson or doing training is to stay in a positive mood to obtain a positive impact from my audience or the students.  When presenting a lesson or job training I will be motivated and interested in the topic presenting to pass that energy on to the audience or students.   

Reference
Burmark, L. (2011). They Snooze You Lose: The Educator´s Guide to Successful Presentations. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment