Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chapter 7-Starting with Images

In chapter seven, Burmark (2011), introduces a great technique of beginning a PowerPoint presentation with an image that will set the stage and grasp the audience’s attention.  She also discusses how to minimize the use of extraneous information by adding images to little text.  Unknowingly I actually applied these techniques in my Liver Protocol PowerPoint presentation and agree that pictures are worth a thousand words.

In my Liver Protocol PowerPoint presentation I used an image with color per slide and some contained animations.  My presentation also consisted of limited text too no text on some of the slides to better assist the learners in differentiating between normal and abnormal pathology.  My learners were attentive because they had to distinguish and confirm what I was discussing coincided with their thoughts regarding the images.  I was able to not only grasp the learner’s attention but assist them in retaining the information. 

Reference
Burmark, L. (2011). They Snooze You Lose: The Educator´s Guide to Successful Presentations. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment